#TZ25 - Photo Essay

My twin sister and I turned 25 on the 28th of February and decided to celebrate with our friends and family on Robben Island. We love them...

My twin sister and I turned 25 on the 28th of February and decided to celebrate with our friends and family on Robben Island.

We love themes so it was mandatory that our quarter of a century celebration had one. We have always wanted to attend Afropunk in New York, so why not bring Afropunk to South Africa.
We got our luggage, friends booked flights and off we went to Robben Island to celebrate 25 years.


We spent the morning of the 28th getting ready Afropunk ready by applying colour hairspray, themed makeup and face paint. For any person who has been part of a themed party, you will know that getting ready is sometimes better than the actual party but this prep was just stress. I sewed two different outfits for my party. The first was a total disaster, absolutely hated the print so I decided to go back to black and pair it with a neutral print skirt. For a last minute outfit made in two days, I think I did quite well.

See all the photos from our birthday below.



Lime Quarry




If you follow me on Snapchat (zovuyo_mputa) you will know that our birthday consisted of a Robben Island tour. Not the type of tour you pay for. We just did our own thing and took a walk around the island which included numerous impromptu photo shoots.




Major thanks to all the Queens and Kings who attended the our 25th Birthday and extra thanks to Robben Island and Nomonde Ndlangisa for hosting us. For the tourists who were a bit confused as to what was happening, I hope we entertained you at least.

Here is to another 25 years!

You Might Also Like

0 comments